Think you’ve got a good idea for a name? Here’s what the mission’s going to be doing:
- Explore the most extreme environments in the universe, where nature harnesses energies far beyond anything possible on Earth
- Search for signs of new laws of physics and what composes the mysterious dark matter
- Explain how black holes accelerate immense jets of material to nearly light speed
- Help crack the mysteries of the stupendously powerful explosions known as gamma-ray bursts
- Answer long-standing questions about a broad range of phenomena, including solar flares, pulsars and the origin of cosmic rays
So, come up with a name that’s very high-energy. Send in the name along with a statement of 25 words on why you like your idea to NASA’s “Name That Satellite”.
You’ve got until March 31, 2008, so get thinking.
Original Source: NASA News Release